Here are just some of the projects carried out by Riverside Lions:
Manning gates for the Launceston Football Club "home" games.
- Selling tickets and Football Records for the state wide Aussie Rules games.
Catering for five Hawthorn, Australian Football League “home games” at University of Tasmania Stadium in Launceston.
- With our fully equiped mobile food van and coffee van we serve food and drinks to over 11,000 AFL fans.
Running a charity golf day.
Millions paws walk in conjunction with the RSPCA.
- Running a sausage sizzle to hungry dog owners
Catering for the Mountain Cattleman's annual get together.
City Mission food drive.
Library book sales and stamp collection.
Sales of Lions Xmas cakes and Xmas puddings and Lions Mints
- Riverside lions sell thousands of these items each year.
Running World Festival of Magic
- The "Magic Show" features top performers from the world of magic. Tickets are purchased by businesses from Northers Tasmania who gift them to disadvantaged children.
Maintaining part of the Spurr Wing facility at the Launceston General Hospital in conjunction with a number of other community groups and organisations.
- As well as being involved in Spurr Wing Management, Riverside Lions maintains two of the self contained accommodation units.
- The Spurr Wing is adjacent to the Launceston General Hospital and primarily provides accommodation for out of town people who require on-going, out patient treatment at the LGH. Accommodation for relatives may also be provided if available.
Recently, after hearing of a local family who had twins born with cerebral palsy, the club organized a visit from the family to investigate their situation. Together with the Kings Meadows Lions Club we obtained a grant from the Australian Lions Foundation to modify a van to transport their three children one of whom is in a wheel chair. We contributed $10,000 to this project.
We recently purchased a defibrillator as a first aid tool at public events and for the wellbeing of Lions. Training is being carried out.
Riverside Lions support the:
Australian Lions Drug Awareness Foundation
Tasmanian Lions Foundation
Australian Lions Foundation
RE-Cycle for Site Spectacle collection
Lions Hearing Dogs
Australian Lions Children Cancer research Foundation
Youth of the year
Cystic Fibrosis ”65 Roses”
Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization with more than 1.3 million members in approximately 45,000 clubs in more than 200 countries and geographical areas around the world.